Sunday, February 10, 2008

Thurs 24Jan08: My Course Officially Ends TODAY

“According to your record here, your course finishes on 24th January 2008”, said the librarian to me. I questioned her after realising that my borrowed books only last for 3 days instead of 3 months for ordinary loan. Yeah right…

I suspected that the university just never bothers to update my status as spring semester mobility students from autumn semester. Indeed I was initially offered autumn semester, and I admit that I received their official offer letter. But I didn’t confirm about my coming. Instead, in the starting of semester 1 year 2, I proposed to switch the offer to spring semester coz after Ningbo’s late notice and yet causing deep disappointment, I think spring semester period is longer than autumn due to Easter holiday and the summer holiday at the year end. Still short, but at least still longer than autumn.

The librarian couldn’t change it for me coz the error is from the main system in which they couldn’t modify. The first place I went is UG office. I was reluctant to go there, but, well, do I have a choice? But… Once again it disappoints me. The office is CLOSED for general requirements since it was currently busy with student transcripts. No exception for my case, as I did try to speak to the lady. Gosh! This sucks…

With my current false record, means that books that I borrow will last for few hours only in my hand, my requested books will never get to my hand and so I have to requeue from already-long requests list, and I would not be able to enter some libraries or computer labs that require ID identification to enter. Not to mention the fact that my last name is spelled incorrectly. This is not the first time happening, to be honest, “Leonardi” instead of “Leonarni”. Considering the fact that I’m completely a ‘foreigner’ in this country and students have lots of discount privileges here, student ID is quite vital, at least for me. And, who likes their name to be misspelled? Sigh~~~

Ohya before that I had the ‘seemingly-interesting’ DDI (Database Design and Implementation) class finishes at 11am. Why interesting in the first place? Because my first impression of him is: FUN and FRIENDLY. Simply because he had his own blog (for the module information purpose) and recommends us to ADD his MSN... Hahaha..

Anyway, today’s weather is excellent for photography: it’s sunny. This is considered as the first day we saw the sun shines so brightly. We were in the University Park to ask about making bank account, and intuitively decided to walk around the lake. It was quite adventurous because initially we couldnt find the path to the lakeside walk. Our time was limited since the FAM students have Accounting Information System (AIS) class at 3pm at Jubilee Campus, which turns out to be boring in the spacious lecture hall..

These are some of my favourite shots (after hours combining, selecting and 'intersecting' pictures from 5 cameras). Hopefully they do represents the scenes of our 'beloved' University in UK campus. Enjoy!!

- Su-En and Me, with Trent Building behind -

- Su-En and Me, (still) with Trent Building behind, after going down further towards lake -


- And so the view starts-

- Me & Elvin, Guess how old and how tall the tree is? -

- After having a bit obstacle in finding the way down, it paid off -

- Blending with nature: huge lake, clear skies, lovely wind, and birds voice -

- My 'lucky' shot with G600 -

- 'Forest' everywhere unexceptionally inside the campus -

- In which 'he' lives -

- Elvin sitting on the bench (like old man =p) -

- 'Lucky' shot no 2 -

- 'UK' ducks that fearless of people -

- 'Lucky' shot no 3 -

- A seemingly main gate, but doubtful whether serves its function -

- The so-called 'lame tourists' -

No comments: